Fayetteville State missed two games this year due to Hurricane Florence and it looks like it is trying to make up for missed time.
FSU dominated Johnson C. Smith literally from start to finish, exploding for a 70-6 win over its Southern Division rival at home.
It was a combination of the running game and special teams that combined for a perfect storm against the Golden Bulls. The Broncos ran for four scores, scored one on defense and three on special teams to cruise to victory.
Brandon “Sauce” Smith started the scoring on the opening kickoff, taking it 99 yards for a score. FSU would explode for a 37-point second quarter that included:
– a three-yard run by Xavier Bullock
– a 21-yard run by Collyn Anderson
– a blocked punt returned 25 yards by Joshua Williams
– a 53-yard punt return by Tyeous Sharpe
– a four-yard run by Johnnie Glaspie
– a 30 yard David Lamb field goal
Stevie Green got on board with a 12 yard run in the third quarter to make the game 50-0 heading into the fourth quarter. Then another scoring barrage:
– a 25-yard pass from Anderson to Tristan Walker
– a 54-yard run by Glaspie
– a 15-yard fumble recovery by Markus Crutchfield
JCSU scored its only points on a 16 yard pass from Antonio Wallace to Janarius Hood.
FSU improves to 4-1 on the season.