|Former Savannah State receiver Shannon Sharp will be inducted into the SIAC Hall of Fame. (MEAC/SWAC)|
Already enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Shannon Sharpe and Deacon Jones can now add another joint honor. Sharpe (Savannah State) and Jones (South Carolina St.) were selected to the Centiential Class of the Southern Intercollegiate Atheletic Conference on Thursday.
It’s a pretty star-studded class for the conference, which hasn’t added to its hall since 2000. Other notable names include:
* Greg Lloyd (Fort Valley St.) – Five-time Pro Bowler in the NFL
* John Cheney (Bethune-Cookman) -Won a Division II championship at Cheyney St. and led Temple the NCAA tournament 17 times
* Andre “The Hawk” Dawson (FAMU)– Member of the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame
* Tyrone Poole (Fort Valley St.)-First round pick spent 13 seasons in the NFL, won two Super Bowls
* Willie Galimore (FAMU)-Played seven seasons with the Chicago Bears before dying in a car accident
*Harold Ellis (Morehouse)- D2 National Player of The Year played three seasons in the NBA.
*Clemon Johnson (FAMU)- Played ten seasons in the NBA, winning an NBA championship in 1983
The HOF gala will take place March 5, in Birmingham, AL.