BATON ROUGE — Southern University head football coach Dawson Odums and the reigning Southwestern Athletic Western division champions will host its 2019 Spring Game on Saturday, March 30 inside A.W. Mumford Stadium at 1 p.m.
The event is free to the public and will begin with the SU Football Alumni Flag Football game at 10 a.m.
Fans are encouraged to tailgate on a fun-filled Saturday which includes Southern University softball hosting rival Grambling State in a SWAC doubleheader and culminates with SU Baseball facing Prairie View A&M.
The 2019 Spring Game is scheduled for March 30th at 1 p.m. but will not signal the end of spring practice. SU will conduct four practices following the spring game before the Jaguars conclude spring football on April 9 and leave for Spring Break.
Southern University will observe many of its normal Gamdey Policies and Procedures for Saturday’s Spring Game.
What You Need To Know About the SU Football Spring Game
2019 Spring Game Fan Facts
- The 2019 SU Football Spring Game is Free to the Public
- Gates open at 12 p.m.; Team Entrance is scheduled for 12:30 p.m.
- Fans will enter A.W. Mumford Stadium on the West side at Gate 6
- The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for Jaguar fans entering the stadium
- Parking will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Cars/Trucks/SUV will park in LOT B and LOT C and can enter SUBR campus from SWAN Avenue or Harding Boulevard
- RVs will park in Balentine Plaza and F.G. Clark Gameday Area lot only and can access the lots listed from SWAN ave only
- RVs are required to provide their own power. Hook-ups will not be available during Spring Game.
- Due to construction, the East Side of A.W. Mumford Stadium is off limits.