|Reggie Groves and NC Central remain on top. (Howard University photo)|
1. North Carolina Central (16-5, 7-1) -Another week, two more solid wins. NCCU took care of business on the road against Howard and UMES last week. This week they’ll host Bethune-Cookman and Florida A&M, the only MEAC team to beat them this year.
|Southern has two rivalry games coming up this week. (Southern photo)|
2. Southern (12-10, 8-1) – Southern remains atop the SWAC standings thanks to a 62-54 win over Alcorn State on Saturday. Rivals Grambling State and Jackson State are next on the menu.
|Jamal Fuentes and Norfolk State have a big matchup against Morgan State on Saturday. (Hampton Roads photo)|
3. Norfolk State (12-10, 6-2): Norfolk State lost 64-49 to Miami on Saturday, but considering they were playing without their leading scorer in an ACC arena, that’s no reason for them to fall this week.
|(Sun Times photo)|
4. Alabama State (13-7, 7-2): ASU rebounded from the Southern loss with wins against Prairie View and Texas Southern last week. They’ll be on upset alert, however, as they’ll travel to Itta Bena to take on a Mississippi Valley State team that has won three of its last four, including a big upset against Southern.
|Morgan State picked up crucial back-to-back wins against Del State and Hampton last week.|
5. Morgan State (8-12, 6-2): Morgan State needed a couple of wins after falling short back-to-back games in North Carolina. They took care of business against Delaware State before an epic showdown with Hampton Monday night on ESPN. The Bears will dip down into Virginia play Norfolk State before returning to Baltimore to face Coppin State.
/ 15 hours ago
The second annual Deacon Jones Trophy will be awarded in Feb. 2018.
/ 1 day ago
Amir Hall not satisfied despite monumental early success.