1. North Carolina Central (11-5, 2-1) -NCCU rebounded from a tough loss to FAMU by taking the Delaware State’s best shot and still winning by ten. It doesn’t get any easier this week, however, as in-state rival NC A&T arrives in Durham on Sunday.
2. Southern (9-9, 5-0) -SU won its fifth-straight game on Saturday against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. It gets the nod over Norfolk State as it has an APR of 177 compared to NSU’s 277.
3. Norfolk State (11-8, 5-1) -NSU took a slight dip in the rankings thanks to its humbling loss against Morgan State. It rebounded with a solid win against Coppin State, but it remains to be seen if they can compete with the top teams in the conference.
4. Alabama State (10-6, 4-1) -Other than a two point loss to Jackson State, Alabama State has been perfect the last three weeks.
5. Savannah State (7-12, 5-0)-SSU has won all five of its MEAC games and currently sits atop the conference.
/ 7 days ago
Virginia State knocks off Bowie State in a homecoming shootout.