The start of conference play in basketball season coincides with winter, which means that weather can often be a concern, despite games being play inside a gym. Several HBCUs have announced that their games have either been rescheduled or moved up ahead of winter weather anticipated to hit the East Coast this weekend.
Here’s what we have so far. Check back for updates.
– Norfolk State has rescheduled Saturday’s doubleheaders against Savannah State as well as Monday’s doubleheaders against South Carolina State. The SSU games will be played Jan. 11 and SC State on Feb. 15.
– Paine College’s doubleheader against Miles College has been rescheduled for Feb. 18.
– Winston-Salem State’s Saturday double-header against Chowan will be moved to a later date.
– St. Augustine’s doubleheader against Lincoln will be moved to a later date.
– Hampton’s doubleheader against South Carolina State has been moved from Saturday to Jan. 25, with women tipping off at 5 p.m. and men at 7 p.m.
– Shaw’s doubleheader against Bowie State has been moved to Jan. 11.
– North Carolina Central’s doubleheader vs. Maryland-Eastern Shore has been postponed until Jan. 11l
-Clark Atlanta’s doubleheaders vs. Kentucky State have been moved up to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. for women’s and men’s basketball.
/ 3 days ago
Virginia State knocks off Bowie State in a homecoming shootout.
/ 2 weeks ago
Johnson C. Smith gave Winston-Salem State a scare but was unable to end its...