|(Magic City Classic Facebook Page)|
The weekly HBCU football attendance numbers are in and, while homecoming season is still going strong, a great classic with a historic rivalry easily won out. More than 63,000 people saw Alabama A&M edge out Alabama State 42-41 at The Magic City Classic in Birmingham, AL on Saturday night.
The SWAC held down the second spot as well as Jackson State’s Homecoming matchup with Prairie View drew in 26,215 fans.
Morehouse (22,476) and North Carolina A&T (22,150) also benefited from Homecoming crowds, while Southern at Alcorn State came in at 18,717.
Here is the top 10:
1. Alabama A&M at Alabama State (63,110)
2. Prairie View at Jackson State (26,215)
3. Fort Valley at Morehouse (22,476)
4. FAMU at North Carolina A&T (22,150)
5. Southern at Alcorn State (18,717)
6. UAPB at Grambling (18,543)
7. Morgan State at Norfolk State (18,405)
8. Virginia Union at Elizabeth City State (15,000)
9. Howard at Savannah State (8,119)
10. Livingstone at Fayetteville State (7,498)
/ 1 day ago
Virginia Union to honor its legendary coach when it takes on WSSU in Sept.