Connell Maynor and his coaching staff have announced their 2015 signing class.
● Ronald Bell (5-7, 158, RB, Fort Washington, Md./Friendly HS): Rushed for 203 yards as a senior, on top of 267 receiving yards; also spent time on defense as safety. Bell averaged 9.2 yards per carry and 24.3 yards per catch this past season.
● JaReke Chambers (6-0, 180, RB, Spencer, N.C./North Rowan HS): Hudl lists his 40-meter dash time at a 4.45; rushed for over 1,500 yards this past season after turning in a 2,018-yard effort in his junior season. Chambers also played high school basketball.
● Elijah Ferrell (6-3, 275, DL, Fayetteville, N.C./Terry Sanford HS): Had 82 total tackles this past season, averaging 6.3 tackles per game. Ferrell racked up 224.0 tackles for loss and 7.0 sacks in his senior season, while also picking off two passes.
● Tyler Frazier (6-3, 200, DB, Columbia, S.C./Spring Valley HS): Played strong safety at Spring Valley; his best performance of his senior season came in a 31-7 win over Ridge View, when he had 16 tackles, two pass breakups, and a 41-yard interception return for a touchdown.
● Gibril Ghee (6-3, 290, DT, Lilburn, Ga./Berkmar HS): Played on both the offensive and defensive lines for Berkmar.
● Devan Johnson (6-2, 198, LB, Duluth, Ga./Northview HS): Totaled 142 tackles in his junior and senior seasons, including 52 solo stops this past season. Johnson had five sacks as a senior, and as a running back, he scored 10 touchdowns as a junior.
● Keenan Kelly (6-3, 240, LB, Ellenwood, Ga./Cedar Grove HS): Had 22 tackles in five games as a senior, while also causing two fumbles and intercepting one pass.
● Malik Mackey (6-7, 330, OL, Atlanta, Ga./Mays HS): In 26 career games as a varsity player, Mackey had 11 pancake blocks – including six as a junior in 2013.
● Joseph Stevenson (6-3, 210, LB, Fayetteville, N.C./Britt HS): Had 139 total tackles as a junior, including a forced fumble, four recovered fumbles, and a blocked field goal.
● Desmond Sturdivant (6-3, 250, DE, Greensboro, N.C./Smith HS): On top of playing defensive end and outside linebacker for Ben L. Smith, Sturdivant is also a forward on the Golden Eagles basketball team.
● Devin Thurmond (6-3, 215, DL, Ellenwood, Ga./Cedar Grove HS):Totaled 10 tackles as a senior, while also spending time on the offensive line and tight end; Thurmond is a versatile athlete who can play on the edge.
● Chance Turner (5-11, 187, CB, Fairburn, Ga./Langston Hughes HS):Racked up 65 total tackles as a senior after registering 53 tackles as a junior. Turner had six interceptions in his final two years of high school football, including four as a junior.
● Damon Woodcock (6-2, 220, LB, Norcross, Ga./Norcross HS): Had 23 tackles as a senior in eight games played, while also tallying 2.5 sacks. Woodcock averaged just under three tackles per contest this past season.
In addition, the following players were early signees:
● Shakim Alonzo (6-5, 205, WR, Pittsburgh, Pa./Cincinnati): Redshirted in 2012 with the Bearcats, before playing in nine games this past season. Alonzo was listed as a tight end on Cincinnati’s 2014 football roster.
● Jawwad Evans (6-4, 258, DL, Durham, N.C./Southern Durham HS):Racked up 70 tackles and 7.0 sacks as a senior, averaging 5.8 tackles per game. Evans graduated from high school early.
● Jaston George (5-10, 175, CB, Chesapeake, Va./Syracuse): The graduate of nearby Oscar Smith High played in 21 games in two seasons with the Orange. He forced a fumble in 2013 against Wagner after recording his lone tackle of the season.
● Jabari Thomas (5-10, 180, CB, Victorville, Calif./Victor Valley CC):Attended Hargrave Military Academy before walking on at Towson. Thomas graduated from Victor Valley Community College in December and has two years of eligibility remaining.
● David Watford (6-2, 210, QB, Hampton, Va./Virginia): The Hampton High graduate started all 13 games for the Cavaliers in 2013, completing 244 passes for 2,202 yards and eight touchdowns. Watford split time at quarterback and wide receiver last season.
● Robert Zimmerman (6-3, 325, DL, Sumter, S.C./Toledo): Played in six career games at Toledo after transferring there from Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College; Zimmerman had three assisted tackles in those six games.