2023 Football

FAMU hosts Prairie View A&M for SWAC homecoming matchup

FAMU and Prairie View A&M face off in SWAC matchup, with FAMU on a winning streak and PVAMU seeking a rebound

SWAC football continues Saturday evening, when Florida A&M (FAMU) and Prairie View A&M battle. Recent outcomes for these teams have differed. FAMU is without a loss in their last five games, while PVAMU is hoping to rebound from a 0-30 loss to Houston Christian. With no recent history between these teams, early possessions could really set the tone. Each side will be looking to make a mark early and take control of the game.

FAMU (6-1 Overall, 5-0 in SWAC)

Defense has been the Rattlers’ biggest strength for stretches of this season. They are allowing an average of 279 yards per game, with opposing offenses averaging 190 passing yards and 88 yards rushing. Offenses struggle to run the ball efficiently against this defensive front. They’re holding opponents to an average of 2.6 yards per carry.

Quarterback Jeremy Moussa will continue to have his eyes on the end zone for FAMU. Moussa arrives having passed for at least one touchdown in the last seven games.

FAMU has a pass-heavy offense, they pass 55% of plays, while running the ball on the other 45%.

The Rattlers’ record sits at 3-0 for their last three games, scoring over 20 points in each of those matchups. They’ll be looking to remain undefeated at home, as they’re currently 2-0 on home turf, averaging 27.0 points in those games. Florida A&M is looking to remain undefeated in FCS HBCU games this year, as they’re currently 5-0 in DI HBCU match ups.

Prairie View A&M (3-4 Overall, 3-1 in SWAC)

The Panthers’ performance this season has been uninspiring, both offensively and defensively. Their defense has been allowing 426 yards per game. Meanwhile, their own offense has only been averaging 347 yards per game. The secondary is falling short game after game, as opposing quarterbacks have averaged 8.6 yards per pass attempt on the season.

swac championship Prairie View A&M

Quarterback Trazon Connley will be leading Prairie View A&M in this one. Connley has averaged 183.0 pass yards per game with season totals of five touchdowns and five interceptions thus far this season.

Prairie View A&M relies on a committee rushing offense. No single player claims more than 27% of rush attempts.

The Panthers’ record sits at 1-2 for their last three games, averaging 313 offensive yards per game during those games. They are 2-2 on the road so far this year, averaging 15.0 points per game in those games. Prairie View A&M is 3-1 in FCS HBCU games, averaging 27.8 points per game in those games.

Gameday AI content is produced using Artificial Intelligence technology powered by Boost Sport before being approved and published by HBCU Gameday.

FAMU hosts Prairie View A&M for SWAC homecoming matchup
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


To Top