Digital Content Intern
HBCU Gameday is seeking digital content interns (DCIs), beginning Jan. 2018.
The DCIs will focus primarily on producing content for HBCUGameday.com to be distributed on social media channels. The position will include a mix of writing breaking news stories, aggregating news stories from press releases as well as creating compelling original content.
The intern will learn how to:
– Use news judgment to determine relevance and importance
– Contact sources to confirm and break news stories
– Build relationships with sources
– Contribute to the production of the weekly podcast
– Use analytics to create content
– Copy edit the posts of others
– Create basic graphics to compliment stories
– Assist with social media content distribution strategy (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
Interns who receive class credit will submit a weekly report detailing production and will meet at least bi-weekly with a senior member of the editorial team to discuss progress and areas for improvement. Candidates who are not students are welcomed, however, this position is unpaid.
Please e-mail resume to email@example.com