1. Alcorn State (4-1, 3-0): Alcorn State continues to take care of business, dispatching of UAPB with ease on Saturday.
2. North Carolina A&T (4-1, 2-0):
After taking care of business on the road in back-to-back weeks, A&T returns to Greensboro for a matchup that will have Celebration Bowl implications on the MEAC side when it takes one Bethune-Cookman.
3. Bethune-Cookman (4-1, 3-0): The Cardiac Cats pulled out yet another close game against SC State last Thursday. Things don’t get any easier this week as they travel to Greensboro to play A&T.
4. Grambling (4-2, 4-0): If Grambling’s defense can play as effectively against Alcorn State as it did against Prairie View, they may be able to knock off our no. 1 team.
5. Southern (3-2, 3-0): SU took care of an improving Alabama State team last week, and will look to keep pace with Grambling as it hosts Prairie View this week.
6. Tennessee State (3-2): TSU dropped its second-straight, losing to OVC foe UT-Martin 28-14
7. South Carolina State (2-3, 1-1): SCSU finds itself on the outside-looking-in of the MEAC race at this point after failing to beat BCU in Daytona.
8. Prairie View (2-2, 2-1): After a walk-through against Mississippi Valley, things are about to get real for Prairie View as they take on Southern in Baton Rouge.
8. Morgan State (3-2, 3-0): MSU has proven it can beat the bottom of the MEAC, with wins over Howard, DSU and Savannah State. A win against Hampton would be its most impressive yet.
10. Hampton (3-3, 1-2): A game against DSU was just what the doctor ordered to stop the bleeding for Hampton.