|Jeremy Ingram scored 20 points to lead NCCU past Morgan State on Monday. (Herald-Sun Photo)|
1. NC Central (14-5, 5-1) NCCU completed a Baltimore Sweep, cruising past Coppin State 87-63 on Saturday and grinding out a 53-52 win over Morgan State. NCCU now sits alone atop the MEAC with what should be an easy road trip against Howard and UMES.
|Southern beat Alabama State to take sole possession of first place in the SWAC on Monday. (The Advocate photo)|
2. Southern (11-10, 7-1) We went out on a limb and put SU at no. 2 last week, and they promptly went out and lost to Mississippi Valley State. The Jags redeemed themselves, however, easily disposing of a solid Alabama State team on Monday. Calvin Godfrey had a big game with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
|Norfolk State is now 6-2 in the MEAC. (NSU photo)|
3. Norfolk State (12-9, 6-2): Like Southern, Norfolk State fell prey to an inferior opponent early in the week, losing to South Carolina State by 12 on Saturday. NSU rebounded with a solid win over Savannah State to take second place in the MEAC. The Spartans have a tough road ahead, traveling to Miami and Morgan State over its next two contests.
|Alabama State is now in second place in the SWAC. (Gamedayr photo)|
4. Alabama State (11-7, 5-2): ASU had its four-game winning streak snapped against Southern on Monday. The team is still undefeated at home, but maintaining that excellence won’t be easy as both Prairie View and Texas Southern will travel to Montgomery this week.
|Hampton will face both Coppin State and Morgan State in Baltimore this week. (Times-Dispatch photo)|
5. Hampton (10-10, 5-2): After dropping back-to-back games against Coppin and Morgan State two weeks ago, Hampton swept the SC State/Savannah State road trip. The Pirates will head north this week with revenge on their mind as they visit both the Eagles and Bears in Baltimore.
/ 5 days ago
Virginia State knocks off Bowie State in a homecoming shootout.
/ 2 weeks ago
Johnson C. Smith gave Winston-Salem State a scare but was unable to end its...